Federal Legislative Policy Briefings - April 27 - 29
Join us for our all-virtual DC Federal Legislative Policy Briefing! We'll speak to legislators and attend briefings on important policies and movements in the legislature. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to advocate for your business and community!
Tuesday, April 27th
- 8:00 - 9:00 am CST - Introduction with Ron Eidshaug, VP and Chief of Staff, Government Affairs - US Chamber of Commerce
- 1:30 - 2:00 pm CST - US Senator Ted Cruz, Serves on the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation, Committee on the Judiciary, Committee on Foreign Relations and the Joint Economic Committee
- 2:00 - 2:30 pm CST - Kirk Burgee, Chief of Staff - Wireline Competition Bureau, Federal Communication Commission
- 11 - 11:30 am CST - US Senator John Cornyn, Serves on the Senate Committee on Finance, Committee on the Judiciary, Select Committee on Intelligence
- 12:00-12:30 pm CST - US Rep Van Taylor, Serves on the House Committee on Financial Services
- 9::30 - 10:00 am CST - US Rep. Pete Sessions, Serves on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, Committee on Science, Space and Technology
2021 Sponsorship opportunities:
- DC Briefing Sponsor - $500 - limit 10 - Event sponsors will receive recognition on our website, event emails and other media; the ability to introduce a speaker; unlimited access for your company employees to the briefings; company logo on the Chamber Events Calendar. Only 10 sponsorships available.
Ron Eidshaug is vice president of the U.S. Chamber's Congressional and Public Affairs Division, Ron Eidshaug helps oversee a team of 15 full-time Capitol Hill lobbyists. Eidshaug is a sought-after speaker providing an insider?s perspective of Congress. He appears at engagements with governors, senators, members of Congress, administration officials, and business leaders across the United States, and he speaks to a wide range of international audiences. Eidshaug has a unique ability to translate Washington-speak into language that business leaders can understand. Eidshaug is also the Chamber's chief lobbyist on environmental, energy, and regulatory reform issues. He joined the Chamber team in 1999 and has served in a variety of roles.
Kirk Burgee is the Chief of Staff of the FCC's Wireline Competition Bureau. In his work for the Bureau, Kirk is involved in matters related to broadband deployment, including broadband data mapping and interagency coordination of broadband programs. Kirk is also a Deputy Director of the FCC?s Rural Broadband Auctions Task Force, which is tasked with implementing FCC auctions to allocate universal service support for broadband in unserved areas. Prior to joining the FCC in 2005, Kirk practiced telecommunications law at McDermott, Will & Emery in Washington, D.C.
Kirk received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from the University of South Carolina.
US Congressman Van Taylor
US Senator Ted Cruz, Texas
US Senator John Cornyn, Texas
US Congressman Pete Sessions