2020 volunteers of the year
The chamber could not succeed without the work of its volunteers.
At the 2021 annual meeting, the chamber recognized several categories of awards who stayed ‘on-the-ball’ even during the pandemic to keep the chamber ‘in the game’ for the success of fellow members.
- Volunteer of the Year is Michelle Firpi. Michelle has been a driver with Richardson Young Professionals, is an active ambassador, helped with and was a sponsor of the Golf tournament, participates in Richardson Chamber Business Network, and advocates for the chamber on social media.
- Rookie of the Year is Roni Carrasco from the Eisemann Center of Performing Arts. As one of the tri-chairs of the Richardson Chamber Business Network, she is one of the reasons that this group continued to meet virtually, the first group within the chamber to do so, all without breaking stride with the pandemic.
- Every year the ambassadors track their activities like ribbon cutting attendance and calling on chamber members. They kept contact a priority, and Amy Taylor with Methodist Richardson Medical Center was at the head of the pack.
- The Small Business of the Year is a business to contributes to the bottom link of the chamber, both financially and with volunteer time. This year, we recognize Logotology. President Monica Scott sits on the chamber executive committee and discounted or donated merchandise like masks for ambassadors and T-shirts for the Education Committee’s iDream day.
- The Committee of the Year was Golf. Despite having to reschedule because of nasty weather, the event was highly successful and well attended tournament. Because of their efforts, those of us who were hungry for people interaction got to meet on the links and enjoy Mexican food on the patio.
See the video honoring volunteers at the annual meeting.