Friday - 9:00 am-12 noon
- Nonprofits and civic organizations
The Network of Community Ministries, Inc. responds to human need by giving assistance with the goal of helping individuals achieve long-term independence. Its mission is “caring, coaching and empowering neighbors in need as they seek an improved quality of life.” The Network of Community Ministries (NETWORK), founded in 1985, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization that was formed during a time when the United States , just like right now, found itself in an economic downturn. The oil boom had gone bust, and hundreds of well-established families in the Richardson area were in a struggle. Several churches came together and decided to form a Church Alliance to assist these families through those trying times, and thus the term “NETWORK” of community ministries took shape. NETWORK is based in Richardson , Texas and has a service area encompassing 14 zip codes in Dallas County, with over 70% of those served coming from Lake Highlands of the Dallas area in addition to Garland . NETWORK is a non-denominational, community-based organization with currently three divisions: Emergency Services, providing food, shelter, clothing and utility services to children, adults, and seniors; the Adolescent and Children's Clinic, meeting the acute care and dental needs of uninsured children; and Seniors' Net, dedicated to providing those 60+ with the right resources to live independently in their own homes. Last year alone, NETWORK assisted 46,000+ adult individuals, children and seniors. Since its founding 27 years ago, NETWORK has impacted the lives of over 250,000 individuals.
- RESPONSIVENESS: To keep pace with the basic needs of individuals, families, children and seniors.
- COMPASSION: To increase the self-worth of our neighbors in need.
- DIGNITY: To provide avenues for growth, health and wellness for all ages.
- EMPOWERMENT: To open windows of opportunity with education, job training and mentoring, leading to independence.
- ADVOCACY: To energize positive change in our communities.
From I-635 take 75 N; 1st exit Spring Valley E; 1st left on Sherman St.; NETWORK to your right.